Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Movie Theatre Bitch

As you know, 'boyfriend' and I went to see The DaVinci Code on Monday, and I promised you a bitchfest.

The theatre was absolutely packed for a 3:30pm movie, and as I looked around the theatre I noticed quite a few elderly folks scurrying about (ok, so they weren't really scurrying...most of them needed help getting to their seats, but let's move on). So right away I'm thinking, "Great, there's going to be a million "what'd he says?" now b/c none of them will be able to hear it."

Before I continue I would just like to point out that I have nothing against the elderly except for the following:

- lack of hearing
- lack of driving skills
- their belief that they know everything, and "young people" know nothing
- talking w/ their mouth full (that might just be my grandmother, but I feel the need to note it)

Moving right along...
We found two decent seats together near the front of the balcony between two girls about our age and two elderly women on the other side, MY side. Perfect. 'Boyfriend' then decides to go get us some yummy popcorn. While he's gone, I start getting comfortable; after all this movie is at least 5 hours long, and I have trouble sitting through anything longer than an hour and a half. So I find a spot for my bag, recline the chair, put on a long-sleeved shirt to keep warm, take off my flip flops...oh wait, GOD FORBID I take off my flip flops in public! Next thing you know, to my right, elderly lady #1 says to elderly lady #2, "Look, look, look at this!" She says this as she's pointing at my feet. Ummm, hello! I can SEE you! and HEAR you! Anyway, she then proceeds to say, "Younger people just don't realize that they live amongst other people." Actually lady, you're making it pretty obvious that I live amongst other people b/c you're pointing at me and talking about me. Kinda hard to miss. I then put my bareass feet up on my chair. Ha! As expected, I see her out of the corner of my eye staring and shaking her head. I'm tempted to ask her if they smell, but I refrain.

A few minutes later, 'boyfriend' is back w/ the popcorn, and the movie begins. Shortly after that, elderly lady #1 and elderly lady #2 are sound asleep. I can't believe she can sleep knowing there are smelly bareass feet next to her. Bitch.

No comments: