Tuesday, June 06, 2006

You Call This Last Minute?!?!

I'm trying to make plans to go away with 'boyfriend' for 4th of July weekend and am having NO LUCK WHATSOEVER! Everything is booked except for the dump we stayed in last year because I booked last minute then too (you'd think I would've learned).

Being from NH, I'm used to cookouts in backyards or a trip to the beach to BBQ and swim for the day, then heading off to the fair and playing carnival games, going on the rides and eating ice cream and fried dough (in NY they're called "funnel cakes." What?!?!). Then we get our blankets and beer from the car and lounge on the grass for the fireworks. Then we stumble home (we could leave our cars at the fair for the night) and sleep in our own beds. Sound fun? Well I think so!

Here in NY, however, there is a different idea of the 4th of July (which after being here for the past five 4th's, I am on the bandwagon). Everyone goes away to the all the same places! How in the hell am I supposed to get a hotel room at the Jersey shore or the Hamptons or Fire Island if everyone and their mother is going there? This doesn't even count the people who already have summer shares b/c I don't have to compete with them! You'd think this would make my job easier since everyone has one, but nooooooo! A month in advance and nothing!

Does anyone want to lend me a house for the weekend? Please? Oh come on!

You selfish bitches.

No comments: