Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Spiders and Greenheads and Mosquitos, Oh My!

I just got back from the great state of Maine last night! I was up there w/ the fam for a few days of relaxing, lobsta, clams, drinking, boating, and oh yeah, let's not forget getting eaten alive by bugs! We spotted a few spiders in the house, an occasionaly greenhead at the beach, and damn did those mosquitos come out at night!

Living in the city, we get to avoid this particular problem for the most part. Don't get me wrong, we have plenty of rats and roaches, but my legs look like they did when a was a wee kiddie growing up in NH. They're all scratched up from walking and playing in the woods and I have bugbites everywhere! Damn you nature! Or maybe not...

I was talking to my mom's friend saying something about how with all this nature there are so many bugs and there are barely any in the city (obv), and how lucky we are to not have to deal with the bites! To which she corrected me by saying, it's not so much the nature kimmy, it's the pollution that kills them off! Oh. Fine.

So in addition to rats, la cucarachas, and heat exhaustion, I now have to worry about getting killed off by pollution. I knew there was some, but enough to kill off all these bugs?!!?

I'm going back to New England. Peace out.

No comments: