Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Father's Day! (Except to weather bitches)

I wish I had somehow saved the weather forecast for this past weekend in West Hartford, CT, so I could send it to the weather bitches and tell them they suck. I understand that the weather bitches can't ALWAYS be 100% correct, but they should at least be close!

So 'boyfriend' and I met Mum and Dad at Elizabeth Park in W. Hartford, CT on Saturday for an early Father's Day pinic. (We go there b/c it's halfway between NYC and NH, and it has the most beautiful rose garden we've ever seen)!




This is what it would have looked like if it was effing sunny out.





The weather called for 86 degrees and partly cloudy. Sounds good to me...it won't be so hot that we'll fry.

We get there, and it's RAINING! Not sprinkling, but outright pouring. POURING! I start to whimper b/c I'm a wittle ittle baby sometimes, and I want Daddy's Day to be special and perfect! 'Boyfriend' was like, kim, relax. Not a big deal. Then I see my parents and they say the same thing. Fine. Everybody just leave me the eff alone for a second so I can cry.

Dad took control and brought us under a tree, and to my surprise, it wasn't raining under the tree at all! So we set up shop and ate yummy food and drank wine and I gave Dad his Beer of the Month Club card, which dir, he LOVED! It even stopped raining for a bit, and we were able to play frisbee (my mom is suprisingly good)!

So overall, amazing Daddy's Day. NO EFFING THANKS TO THE WEATHER BITCHES!

No comments: