Monday, June 19, 2006

Sasquatches Really Exist?

So you know how at the top of my blog it says, "NEXT BLOG>>" in the right-hand corner? Good. Well I hit it today, which I almost never do, and guess what it brought me to.

This.

Now, I loved Harry and the Hendersons! LOVED! But I am betting that Harry. doesn't. really. exist. Who's with me? However, then I thought, if people are dedicating their lives to searching for Bigfoot, I want to know why they think he/it/they exist!

So, I looked up the word "sasquatch," and it said to "see Bigfoot." (Ugh! You even have to search for Bigfoot on the computer)! Then, Bigfoot is defined as, "A very large, hairy, humanlike creature purported to inhabit the Pacific Northwest and Canada. Also called Sasquatch." Hello! this reminds me of a few family members back in NH (no big deal there)! Then I had to look up purported. Does that make me stupid? Over it. Anywho, for those of us (aka me) who didn't know what it meant, it is defined as, "Assumed to be such; supposed." Fine. So we can all assume that Bigfoot exists? I always thought sasquatches were like the boogieman or the tooth fairy or abomidabal snowman!

So what I'm BITCHING about today is the fact that these people on "The Search for Bigfoot," do it every day! They take it very seriously, and they truly believe in Harry!

What a great effing job! I am jealous! What if I could look for something every day that is possibly imaginary, big, hairy and kinda human!?!?

I purport this would be fun!

1 comment:

Melissa Hovey said...

Thank you for your kind words about research I take very seriously, as do many others I know. Your right, the people who are bloggers on my site, get into the field and look for this animal just about every chance they get. When we are not in the field, we are taking reports from witnesses or discussing new ideas to try in this research.

If your seriously interested, your always welcome to come to Texas (where I research and yes, there are credible reports in Texas as well as the majority of states in this country) and I will be more than happy to show you the typical weekend in the field for a bigfooter - you might have fun :) It is very hard work, dont let anyone kid you. There is a lot of walking, hiking, bears, snakes, but if we can get this animal documented it will all be well worth it.

Is Harry Henderson real? I dont know, but I would love to find out.

Melissa Hovey
The Search for Bigfoot