Friday, June 09, 2006

Subway to Where?














See that star on the map? That's where I went earlier this evening in my attempt to get to the LES. How you ask? No clue. I'm just an idiot on occasion.

You'd think that since I got on the train at 57th & 7th that I would have noticed, say 3 or 4 stops before the announcer said, "This is Queens Plaza, Broadway next." Nope, I didn't. I was reading a cheesey novel that for some reason I couldn't put down long enough to realize I'd left the island. AND, get this! I actually stopped to think juuust long enough to convince myself that the announcer meant Broadway in Manhattan. And THAT'S when the doors closed in my face! Hello Kimmyk! He just said "Queens Plaza!" Sometimes I just don't understand what my brain is doing! So I had no choice but to go one more stop, had to get out of the subway, cross the street, walk a block and head back downtown. GRRRRRR!

No comments: