Friday, June 09, 2006

Only the COOL People Know Where it is

Made my LES rounds last night with some friends. Started out at Solas, which was dead, except for the theme party upstairs where there was a big cake, and all the men were wearing sailor hats and hoop earrings. Hmmm...sounds like a rager.

We then headed over to The Delancey, which in my experience is a blast, especially when My Better Half rocks out there. Not last night. Another dud.

So then I remembered that whenever Richard and Dennis and I hit up the Delancey, we sometimes head over to The Back Room afterwards. It has a hidden entrance so not everyone knows where it is, which makes it pretty cool in my book. You have to first find the gate, then walk through a dark alley dogding rats and trash along the way, but hey, it's the price you pay for being cool. Plus, the atmosphere is fun, there always seem to be great looking people (although that could just be the beer goggles), it has a hidden "back room"...you get the gist.

Yeah, so after schlepping around the LES, I find out that I am nowhere near as cool as I originally thought. I went one block too far on the wrong street and had NO. EFFING. CLUE. where this place was. Of course I kept reassuring friend and self that "I'll know it as soon as I see it." Never. Happened.

So we ended up hailing a cab and just going home. What an uncool bitch I am.

No comments: