Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Illegal Limboing

This morning a cop was putting up police tape to keep cars from driving into a section of the park from 7am-1 pm (they do this every day). Runners/bikers, however, are still allowed to use the Central Park Loop, which is what a poor runner was trying to do. So this one guy in order to not have to stop running, ducked under the police tape and kept on going. The cop immediately started yelling at him: "Hey you! Get the hell over here! Let me see some ID!"

Ummm...yeah. I don't know what kind of gear you run in, but my gear has no place to carry any ID. Apparently, neither does this guy's, so he told the cop he didn't have any. To which the cop responded, no let me rephrase that, to which the cop YELLED EXTREMEMLY LOUDLY, "If you don't have any ID, I'm going to have to take you in! Sit down on that curb (he pointed) until I'm finished here!"

NO, I AM NOT KIDDING! Close your mouth b/c I'm assuming it's hanging open at this point b/c you're so surprised by this cop's reaction. Am I right? Maybe that was just me, but I couldn't believe it. All the other runners just stopped and stared, mouths gaping.

This cop must've been on a power trip or just had a bad morning b/c he was being a raging bitch! I wonder what he ended up charging the runner with? Using an illegal limbo stick?

No comments: