Monday, August 21, 2006

Damn Dread Flops

As a New Englander, I was born a Red Sox fan. I think I popped out w/ a big B on my forehead. I know this b/c my mom and dad went to a game at Fenway in 1978 when she was pregnant w/ me, and when Bernie Carbo was up my dad told my mom that if he hits a home run I would be named after him (Bernie or Bernadette). My mom agreed thinking, yeah right. Not gonna happen.

Well, Bernie did hit a home run! My Mom took one look at my dad, mouth gaping and said, "over my dead body." Thank you Mom for not naming me Bernadette. Anywho, that is neither here nor there.

My Sox just lost 4 straight to the Yanks, and my dad is back to calling them "The Damn Dread Flops," which he hasn't done in a couple years. They play again tonight at Fenway and those bitches better not get swept.

Here he is! The player I was almost named after!

No comments: