Monday, August 28, 2006

Meatpack This!

I have been reminded of why I do not go hang out in the Meatpacking District on weekend nights anymore. Richard and I were on a Friday night wine bar jaunt in the W. Village when he remembered a little wine bar in the MPD that he thought we'd enjoy. Don't get me wrong, the MPD is amazing during the day! But once we entered it Friday night, the lines to get into the bars were not only loooooooooooong, but they were filled, as usual mind you, with so many jeans-and-black-topped-clad chickies I couldn't tell any of them apart ! It was v. The Island! Scary!
















We walked into the wine bar (I can't even remember the name b/c we sat down for literally 3 seconds), sat down, heard the music, looked at the frat boys singing, and then stood up and left. I think Richard said it best, "This is soooo Vegas! Kimmy, we cant drink wine to the Ramones! I was hysterical! When Richie is right, he's right.

So we ended up at Art Bar, which I highly recommend, but only the the back.

No comments: