Friday, September 08, 2006

Courtside Seats My Ass!!!

Went to the US Open again last night and saw Martina Navrawhosawhatsi (Navratilova) play some doubles w/ some guy and beat some other people, then saw Switzerland's Roger Federer def. our own James Blake. (OK fine, we left early to beat the rush thinking that Roger was going to take the match in 3 sets - I don't want to talk about it).

Anywho, as 'boyfriend' and I were walking into Arthur Ashe Stadium, one of the workers directing people asked to see our tickets. He was this little fat dude w/ long, yucky, wirey hair. We thought it was just a random "let me see your tickets" search, so we showed him. He said something like, "oooh, I've got something better." At first we were a little creeped out, but then he pulled out 2 tickets and said, "Here, courtside seats." We looked at each other, looked back at him, and started thanking him profusely! "OMG, thanks buddy, you're awesome, we are so lucky...blah blah blah." I even let my emotions get the better of me, and I gave him a little hug. Ew! Bad move kimmyk - that's how I found out his hair was yucky and wirey b/c it went IN MY FACE when I hugged him. Ew! At this point, I didn't even care, I was so excited!

As we walked away and headed to the "courtside gates," we looked at the back of the tickets, which we now have realized are just a piece of paper. Hmm...this is shady. The is what the back of the ticket looked like:






So now we've realized that we only have "seat-filler" tickets so that on TV it looks like the place is full or something. Hello! This is the quarter finals! Of course the seat holders are going to arrive!!! And they did...about 3 minutes after we sat down, at which point we got up, moped for a sec and went to our own seats (which were totally fine, just not courtside)!

That effin' guy w/ the yucky hair totally played us! He acted like he was a hero for giving us courtside seats and didn't tell us the whole truth! You little wirey-haired bastard did NOT deserve a hug! Bah!

No comments: