Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tennis Whites?

Went to the US Open last night. Saw Maria Sharapova defeat some French chick, then watched Roddick (love) defeat Lleyton Hewitt in 3 sets. Yay! So everyone won that I wanted to! Tonight I'm seeing Federer vs. Blake!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited.

Ok, enough bragging; let's get to the bitching.

I usually don't find myself overly conservative, but I do find that certain sports, tennis and golf in particular, have their rules for a reason. Ie. quiet during play, conservative dress, you get the picture. I think it's fun to just relax and watch a civlilized match. Call me crazy, but if I wanted drunkards yelling and throwing things, I'd go to a baseball game (fyi, not knocking baseball here, since it is my fave).

I don't see anything wrong with the evolution of the "fan" in these sports - look what Tiger has done for golf; v. similar to what Happy did. They got people involved in a sport that was known as a "gentleman's game." Ok fine, let's face it, they were considered boring b/f people like Tiger and Agassi and Roddick came along.

What's the point to all my rambling you ask? My point is that I. HATE. THE. NEW. DRESSES. There, I said it. I'm sorry Serena (especially), Venus and even Maria is getting into it this year. The glitter and the glitz and the tackiness has Got. To. Go. You can't tell me this outfit doesn't make you want to barf.



























Oh yeah, and those "gentlemen" who think it's fun to show up at the US Open to sit in the crowd and observe with the rest of us, who feel the need to dress as though they are the ones about to play, need to get a hobby. They are not helping the cause.

No comments: