Monday, November 06, 2006

HAPPY SURPRISE PARTY!

I can finally blog about where my mind/efforts/life has been for the past 5-6 weeks!

With the help of 'boyfriend's' fam, I threw him a SURPRISE 30TH BIRTHDAY PARTY this past Saturday! I have been such a crazy, neurotic stress-case for the past few weeks trying not to spill the beans, hoping his friends & family didn't spill the beans, and convincing myself that someone had already spilled the beans. I think I'm over all beans at this point.

It turns out that no one spilled anything, beans or otherwise b/c 'boyfriend' was SO SURPRISED!!! How he didn't find out is beyond me b/c everything that could've gone wrong did.

1. He wanted me to plan him a bday party for the following weekend, and I couldn't convince him to wait until after the weekend to send it. So I had to send out a warning email telling all his friends that a fake invite was coming out but to respond as if it's real so that 'boyfriend' thinks his party is next week (did that make sense!?!)

2. I invited my sister and her boyfriend to the party, and since they're out-of-towners, they were staying w/ us. So when they arrived Sat. afternoon we had to lie and tell 'boyfriend' that they were here for another friend's party (he totally bought it).

3. I was on the phone w/ 'boyfriend's' sister the day of the party after he left for the morning w/ a friend. We were talking about the evening's plans when 'boyfriend' walked back into the apartment! I went into shock thinking that he heard me say something! I couldn't stop thinking that I had gone almost 6 weeks w/o saying anything only to ruin it the morning of the party! As soon as I got off the phone w/ 'sister,' I started crying! You'd think a cockroach landed on my head or something! So I called my mom, but Dad answered and of course didn't know what the hell to do w/ a crying little kimmyk, but that just made me laugh listening to him trying to comfort me, so we were all good.

4. 'Boyfriend' thought he was going to a Knick's game, so we couldn't get him out of the apartment so that my sister, her bf and I could get ready! He didn't leave until 6:15pm, and we had to be there at 6:30pm, so I was freaking out!

5. We left the apt. at 6:25pm, couldn't find a cab, had to walk to a different avenue to find one, then ended up in major traffic!

We got there at 7pm, immediately started drinking to calm my nerves, and told all our friends I was fine, even though they could all tell I was an effing mess. A half our later, we saw his friend walk in, 'boyfriend' right behind him. When he came through the curtain we screamed "SURPRISE!!!" And he truly was! I couldn't believe it! We did it! Wooooo!





I AM NEVER THROWING AN EFFING SURPRISE PARTY AGAIN.

No comments: