Monday, November 27, 2006

I Have a Mullet. And I'm Ugly.

My little cousin (who shall remain nameless since I am scared of her) is 6 years old. I think. Maybe 7. All I know is that she is smarter than me. And meaner than me. Most of the time, she's cute and fun and loves me and is so all over me that I can't even eat my dinner or talk to other people b/c she won't let me.

HOWEVER...

This Thanksgiving, she decides to hate me. I went to give her a hug, and she turned away from me. When I said, "[Cousin], that wasn't v. nice." She replied. "You're ugly."

OK, now it's one thing if she said it just to me and quietly and maybe in a different room than the rest of the 30 family members who are all staring at me b/c I just walked in and they haven't seen me in months. But no. It's in front of everyone. No one is laughing, so that's at least good, but I'm still ridiculously embarassed!

I'm not ugly! Am I? That's A. And B., I am a little self-concious about this new haircut I got a few weeks ago. It's a little mullet-ish. I've been wearing my hair back almost every day b/c I have these bangs (that I actually love), but the rest of my hair is kinda long, but layered on the side, and it really is kind of a mullet. Anyhoo, so I decide to make a joke b/c that's what I do in embarassing situations, and I tell my entire family, "it must be my mullet" and then go on to explain haircut disaster.

First of all, I am from NH, and so are all my family members, and chances are at one point or another they have all had a mullet. So now I am the bitch from NY.

Oh, but it doesn't end there. Now that mean, scary cousin has heard me say mullet, she decides that this is the funniest thing ever, and that is what she's going to call me for the rest of Thanksgiving Day.

I'm going to get that bitch one day.

No comments: