Friday, January 05, 2007

Fell on My Face

I went skiing over winter break up at Windham. No, there wasn't any real snow, but the man-made stuff rocked! Ok fine, there were rocks in it. Does that count? The skiing was HORRIBLE! Man-made snow is icy and chunky and awful to ski in. I've been skiing for years. I don't the 5-year hiatus during college and the year after. Although I guess I should b/c of course I need something to blame for taking my first digger in about 10 years! That's right, fell flat on my face. I caught an edge. On flat ground. Just cruising along. So embarrassing. And since I hadn't fallen in years, I forgot that there was a trick to getting up (get onto your back and swing your skis around so they're parallel to the ground, and lift yourself up w/ your polls). Yeah, forgot. So I was struggling to get up while 'boyfriend' laughed at me. Which of course pissed me off b/c I was already so embarrassed. So I hit him w/ my pole and went on my merry way.






Ew. Look at all the grass and rocks. It was awful. I feel bad for the east coast mtns this year:(







At 8am. First run of the day. Before I fell...

No comments: