Thursday, January 25, 2007

Up All Day, Up All Night

My parents made my Grandma's recipe of homemade Kaluha to put in our holiday family goodie bags this year. They put it in cute little jars w/ pretty ribbons around it...awww. Anyway, I tried it the other night for the first time. I'd had a hard day at work, so I figured knockin' back a little homemade Kaluha would do the trick. So I filled up a little shot glass (ok fine, it was a double), and added some milk. De-lish!

It was so delish, that I had another! Umm...yeah, little did I know that it take about 5 kazillion cups of ground coffee to make a few cups of Kaluha (not really, although I'll have to check what Gram's had in it. Prob double coffee, double brandy:)).

So I tossed and turned allllll night and couldn't figure out why! Alcohol usually puts me right to sleep (ok fine, usually w/ the amount I have, I pass the eff out), but not this time!

It wasn't until the next morning while I yawned and whined to 'boyfriend' that I didn't sleep a wink that I realized what had happened.

It's some friggin' delicious Kaluha though.

2 comments:

Tricky Rick said...

I was some! No thanks for inviting me over to share your eff-ing homemade Kahlua!

kimmyk said...

don't you worry...i have another jar;)

I will share:)