Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sloppy Joe, Slop, Sloppy Joe

Remember in elementary school when every other Friday's lunch was sloppy joe? Well I do b/c it was so damn good and sloppy! I don't think I've had it since...so when my mom said my pops had requested sloppy joe for dinner last night (he's so funny), I followed suit!

I'd never made it before b/c I thought it was bad for me. But if you make it w/ ground turkey instead of the usual burg and put it on whole wheat hamburger buns, it's delicious and although probably still ridiculously unhealthy, it's at least a little better. Just have it w/ a side of brocolli or something. Get off my case people!

It might be the easiest, sloppiest dinner ever! In case you were wondering, here's the delish recipe:

This recipe serves 6, so it's great for sloppy leftovers!

1 lb. ground turkey
1 med. onion, chopped
1/3 c. green pepper, chopped
1/3 c. celery, chopped
1/3 c. ketchup (I ended up using 1/2 c.)
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (I used 2 tbsp)
1/4 c. water
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. tobasco

Brown beef, onions and pepper until cooked through. Drain grease. Add remaining ingredients. (Keep adding ketchup, Worcestershire and tobasco to your liking). Let simmer for 1/2 hour.

And then 'boyfriend' started throwing it at me, and then things got reeeally sloppy!

">

4 comments:

unjuplicity said...

have some more sloppy joe! i made it extra sloppy fer ya!!!!!!!ahahahhahahahhahah!

Tricky Rick said...

WHY ON EARTH would you make it from scratch when there is Manwich sauce which is AMAZING! All you have to do is open the can! No heathly substitutions bitch -it needs to be on a white sesame roll with ground chuck - and don't forget to sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top! I'll take mine with a side of fries please!

kimmyk said...

In that case, why don't we just make it with Manwich and SPAM next time. That'll be AMAZ!

kimmyk said...

I hate spam. WTF is it anyways?

I like my sloppy joes all messy with a slice of cheese all smushed up on top.

you and the boyfriend are like really kinky aren't you? niice.