Friday, October 05, 2007

Beware of Glass


In NYC you're never alone. There are always at least 20 people (I made that number up) around you at any given moment, even at night. I was walking home from the gym the other night and spied a pair of sunglasses in a storefront that I thought might look pretty on me. So I leaned in for a closer look and SMASHED my forehead on the glass. Why I felt the need to dive in so forcefully, I do not know. To my defense, the glass was outside of the protective gate, which is usually not the case.

Of course there were a ton of people around, so I played it off and just kept looking at the sunglasses until I felt it had been long enough for all the people that saw me to have walked by.

Now my excuse should be that it was dark out, but I'm not sure how well that would go over considering there are 82 billion streetlights, 43 million cars with bright headlights, and 72 thousand lit-up storefronts. So yeah, it wasn't that dark at all. I'm just a dumbass. And obviously blind. It was a really clean window people!!!

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

You know they probably caught that shit on tape so I'm sure when they're bored they pull that tape out.

"Hey, let's watch that chick smash her face on the window again?"

To which the fat guy sitting there with his 6" Subway Club snorts...

"Yeah man. That was priceless".

And then they both laugh and rewind and laugh some more.

kimmyk said...

Yes, that's exaactly what will happen. Just my luck, it'll end up on youtube.