Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Too Busy For You

My little sis and I are in the process of planning a surprise 50th bday party for my mom, which is why I haven't blogged yet today. My apologies.

This is so important to us b/c not only is it her 50th (gasp!), but it has already passed, and I didn't go home for it (double gasp!) b/c I am such a bitch, and obviously a bad daughter. Her bday was July 3rd, and I went to the shore over the long weekend instead (as you all read, I'm sure). I think she thought I was going to surprise her and come home, but I didn't and I suck. I sent her a present and a card, of course, but it's not the same. My sister, the good daughter, went home for a couple hours. Bitch. JK:)

In order to redeem ourselves, ok myself we are throwing her a party up in Maine where we vacation every year as a family. We're going to put up pretty twinkle lights and pictures of family and friends everywhere, and blow up balloons and make a big sign for her. We'll cook everything from the apps to the cake, AND we've invited her best friends up to join in the surprise. She has NO IDEA!

No, she doesn't read my blog, so I am not worried about her finding out. She barely knows how to turn on the computer, but she's so damn cute so we love her anyway:)

Happy 50th (belated) to my beautiful Mum.

No comments: