Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Low Maintenance Bites Me in the Ass

I am a pretty low-maintenance chick for the most part. I barely put on make-up on the weekends, nor do I do my hair. It usually just gets pulled back into a tight up-do, and I put sunglasses on. (Unless I go out at night, in which case I obviously get decked out).

Anyhoo, some people think I look v. pretty when I'm at my low-maintenance best (thank you v. much), however, I don't want to look like this when I run into an old college crush. Ugh! Don't get me wrong, I am MUCH prettier than I was in college (I was a bit chunky and didn't care about fashion - weird right?), so I'm sure he thought I looked good. But when you see someone you swooned over for about 6 months, you want to blow them away w/ your newfound beauty. Don't you think?

I have friends who always dress up when they go out, even if it's to get the paper off their front stoop! Their argument is, you never know who you're going to run into, so dress to impress! Looks like they were right. This time!

Although knowing me (which I do know myself pretty well), I'll stick to being a low-maintenance chick, and Mr. Right (hopefully this Mr. Wright) will love me for it! Yay me!

No comments: