Thursday, September 28, 2006

B.O. In My FACE!

I'm finding it v. hard to believe that I've been bitching for months on this thing and have yet to bitch about B.O. Ha! Never too late to start!

So I'm sure we've all been next to smelly people on the subways - probably at least once a week, maybe even once a day for some of us. Who knows. It sucks. Especially in the summer when people who probably don't normally smell are all sweaty and the stench is just everywhere. Ew, I just almost threw up.

Anyway! I was in the subway last night heading down to meet Richard at our usual spot, and as I was waiting for the doors to close, a man sneaks in behind me (we'll call him "smelly" for short) and pushes me in a little farther. Rude. Normally I would have just moved in a bit more b/c this is NYC and we're used to this shiz. Plus, I have excellent subway etiquette b/c everyone needs to get where they're going as quickly as possible (it's true, NY just makes you hurry). Last night, however, I wasn't feeling friendly for whatever reason, so I just stood there, kind of in his way. Oh kimmyk. BAD CHOICE b/c now "Smelly" sneaks around me and puts his arm up so he can hold on to the overhead handle thingy. Oh.My.God.Please.Help.Me. "Smelly" has some of the raunchiest B.O. I've smelled since NYC August 1951 (I made that up), and his pit is IN MY FACE! I have nowhere to go at this point b/c I refused to move anywhere b/f, and now all the openings are taken by other subway peeps. What is a girl to do?!!? So I end up turning my head as far as I can to breathe in (v. uncomfortable position I might add), and turning it back to breathe out. I was straight out of Night at the Roxbury all the way to 14th St. Ew!

">

No comments: