Monday, October 30, 2006

How NOT to do Yoga

I've only been taking yoga for a few weeks now, so I'm not all that good at it yet. However, I absolutely love it and am already feeling like it's something I could actually stick with for longer than 2 weeks (i.e. kickboxing).

My Monday class is my favorite b/c I feel like I'm getting such a good workout! At the end of every class, right before our cool down, the instructor gives us the choice between doing a shoulder stand or a head stand. Last Monday, after only a couple tries, I managed to get into a headstand and actually hold it for like 20 seconds! Go me! (Please note that other chicks in my class stay there for like 5 mins. Whatever bitches). Anyhoo, today's headstand attempt was not quite as successful as last week's. I must've gotten a little cocky b/c I shot right up into it which instructor (her name is Kim too) tells us not to do...you're supposed to walk up into it. Well, sorry I wasn't listening today, Kim, and sorry that I scared the shit out of you when I shot up too fast and fell over the wrong way and down onto my back, making a loud slapping noise w/ my feet! Ha! Of course I started laughing at myself , much to the disruption of the other yoga peeps trying to relax! Oops!

After I fell, I decided that a shoulder stand might be the best way to redeem myself, but by that point, we were done. Ugh! Oh well. There's always my Thursday class w/ a different instructor whom I can scare the crap out of!

No comments: