Monday, December 11, 2006

Boooooo

My little sis and bf were visiting from NH this weekend, and they wanted to see the tree at Rockefeller Center. 'Boyfriend' and I go every year anyway, so we figured who better to see it w/ than people we love and with who we want to share it? So we knew it was going to be crowded when we got there; after all it is the most famous Christmas tree in the world (I made that up, but it probably really is)! But it was so crowded, it took us about 10 minutes to even get to where we had a visual of the tree. Oh wait, that wasn't b/c it was crowded, that was because there was a tour stopped right before the entrance, and the tour guide was telling the group about the history behind it...blah, blah, blah (I'm sure it was interesting, but I was getting a little claustrophobic and needed to move asap). We finally realized that we had been pushing our way into the tour group when we saw the little old lady tour guide holding a gigantic candycane so her group didn't lose her. Hello, you are way too short for people to see you even w/ the huge candycane, so I was surprised she had any of her group left! So now that I've gotten way off the subject, let's get back to us getting into Rockefeller Center and looking at the tree all happy and smiley w/ warm holiday thoughts running through our minds...can't you just feel it? (sigh).

Little sis wants to take a picture of her and her bf w/ the tree in the background, but we were having trouble doing so w/o getting all the people in the background. So they decide to stand up on a bench. No sooner do they stand up there, a cop tells them to get down, and kimmyk decides to yell "boooooo!!!!" at the cop as if I was drunk at a baseball game! (It was only noon for eff's sake, and I hadn't had a drink all day! Not that that has stopped me before, but whatev). I have no clue what I was thinking! This was certainly NOT the holiday spirit I usually exude. As soon as I got the evil eye from the cop, I realized what a dumbass I was being. I got all nervous and thought I was going to get arrested, so I ran around the corner where cop couldn't see me. So now I have to put my big furry hood up so I'm not recognized and peek around the corner going "psssst" to my bf, sis and her bf. Of course they had no idea where I was, so I just kept "pssssting," until bf looked at me like I was from another planet, at which point I started waving frantically for them to come over. I couldn't go back to the scene of the crime!

Turned out the "cop" was just a "rent-a-cop" for the friggin' tree. Oh kim!

No comments: