Friday, December 15, 2006

Stop!

I met JB out the other night for a long overdue love fest. We started out at Social for a friend's going-away party before heading over to VYNL (no, the bend and snap waiter wasn't there) for some much-needed drinks and convo...

So I got to Social and waited for him on the corner when I heard this obnoxious person honking the hell out of his horn (well obv it was his horn, what else would you honk the hell out of? Don't answer that). Turns out, there was an old man and his wife trying to cross the street when the sign said "don't walk." And b/c the sign said "don't walk," this man decided to hold up his hand to tell the car to STOP! Ummm...this is New York City. Red means stop, green means go and yellow means go like hell. And that's it. Cars are NOT going to wait for pedestrians to cross just b/c their hand is up, buddy. Well, not w/o a fight at least. The battle between vehicle and pedestrian always amuses me though - especially when profanity, the bird and other dirty hand gestures are used.

As soon as JB gets there, I tell him that I have tomorrow's bitchfest subject. So I tell him. And what do you think he says? "Oh, I do that all the time." For some reason, it's ok w/me that he does it b/c he's Beej.

Lesson of the day (except if you're name is JB/Beej/whatever I decide to call him that day), when there is a "don't walk" sign, don't effin' walk! Run!

No comments: