Thursday, May 10, 2007

Give Blood, Bitches

I gave blood the other day...it's a good deed that I'm actually able to do every few months (56 days) since I weigh enough (dir), have a healthy level of iron (usually), am not afraid of needles (I'm SO tough) and don't pass out (I've seen people fall down, and even though it's not funny, it kind of is. hehheheheehe).

So IF you're able,
GIVE BLOOD, BITCHES - New England
GIVE BLOOD, BITCHES - NY
GIVE BLOOD, BITCHES - Red Cross
GIVE BLOOD, BITCHES - Other

Anyhoo, after giving blood you're supposed to drink plenty of fluids and not participate in any major physical activity for about 24 hours. Since I'm a big dumb dumb, I forgot about this and got up early the next day to go for a run. After about 15 mins of running I felt a little lightheaded and had to stop, thinking I might pass out. Then I felt naush and had to run over and puke behind a bench! Hahahaha! This poor woman walking by w/ her dog must've been so grossed out. I right away realized I had just given blood about 12 hours before. Silly kimmy!

Don't let my stupidity talk you out of it though...


Here are 56 facts about blood and giving blood. My fave is #55 ladies:

55. Since a pint is pound, you lose a pound every time you donate blood. (WOOOOO)!

No comments: