Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Foot Fear

I've always had a fear of hurting my feet. Stubbing them, getting them caught in something, breaking a toe, having one of my toenails or toes fall off, you know, normal feet fears (for me anyway)! Really though, I am VERY cautious of my feet at all times. Especially when I'm wearing flip flops and walking through revolving doors. I always think my pinky toes are not going to make it through w/ the rest of my body. Is that weird?

I think it started when I realized that I have much bonier and higher-arched feet than most people. My mom has the same feet, so it was always normal to me. Then people started asking me if I knew that I had bunions. Umm...NO, I absolutely do NOT have bunions, I just have bony feet, so shut the eff up. See "Heat Rash" for pix of my feet and you be the bunion judge. (For the record, 'Boyfriend' and Richard both hate feet, especially MINE)!

However, my feet have been bothering me for quite some time now (like a couple years). I think it's b/c I walk everywhere in the city and don't always wear sneakers. Flip flops is my fave thing to walk in, but those will kill high arches like mine. My feet have definitely flattened out since I've moved to NYC. My arches hurt every day, especially when I wake up. And when 'boyfriend' rubs my feet (yes, I am a v. lucky girl), sometimes it hurts.

I made foot doctor appointment for tomorrow morning, and I'm scared shitless. What if I do have bunions and effed up arches and need surgery! My foot fear will be at its all-time WORST! I'm flipping out a little.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

jb said...

My fears don't match with yours but my foot pain did about a year ago. Got orthodics and felt like a nerd. But being a nerd without foot pain is cool with me. You'll be fine. Just wear better shoes when you know you'll be walking a ton in NYC. xoxoxo

kimmyk said...

You called it Doc! My orthodics come in 2-3 weeks, so I'll be a nerd (without foot pain) just like you, and that's cool with me.