Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bird Caller

Now that it's getting nice out, I've started walking though the park again on my way to work. I see so many crazy things/people in the park! Suki, Suki, Suki guy, slugs falling on my bag, Pot in the park...you get the idea.

This morning might have been the best one though. There's this guy that I see kind of often and I think about blogging about him sometimes, but I haven't felt that his behavior warranted a post UNTIL NOW! Sometimes he's just sitting on a park bench w/ his typewriter, laughing and typing away. Sometimes I see him doing karate moves (I assume it's to get his creative writing juices flowing), but today he was...wait for it...

BIRD CALLING.

Yes he was. There were ducks and swans gathering in the water near this guy, and he was making crazy "ca-cawing" sounds and looking through a little square cut out of cardboard. I think he saw me take a picture of him from afar b/c as I was walking by he whipped himself around and looked at ME through his little square! Normally I would've jumped or ran away, but I've seen him enough to know that he's harmless (thank God I was right)...so I gave him a little smile and kept going. He mumbled something I couldn't really hear...prob saying I'm pretty or some shit, hehe...just joking...he could've just as easily been calling me a big bitch!

No comments: